Thursday, July 06, 2006

 

Let's Begin

I've had this Blog Spot account created for almost a year now, but I never did anything with it. In fact, I had completely forgotten about it until today. I was searching Google for a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song (I swear I was doing the search for someone else) when I came upon the Playhouse Disney Shuffle blog. Since I had some free time, I grabbed a seat and started reading some of the blog entries which that person had written. In less than a minute, I was laughing as I read about the Doodlebops being "straight outta hell" and the Wiggles being a cross between Willy Wonka and the Brady Bunch.

After reading those entries I was reminded that I too had a blog account set up somewhere within the depths of the internet. So, after a period of searching my mind for old usernames and passwords, I finally remembered my Blog Spot login information. Then came the fun part: actually creating the blog. For some reason, I don't remember there being so many choices when it came to customizing the layout of one's blog. One thing that I did notice though was that someone had taken my desired blog URL (answerthis.blogspot.com), and then done nothing with it. As a result, I was forced to settle for the next best thing, answerthis1.blogspot.com. But anyways, after getting all of that fun stuff set up, I decided that I should at least take the time to write one blog entry.

In the past, I've read through bits and pieces of blogs if they've jumped out and gotten my attention. Every so often there's MSN blogs/spaces (whatever they're called) that make it to the MSN website (my IE homepage) which I find interesting to read. And, while reading through these things, one thing that I've come to notice is how well-written most of the blogs are. For example, take the Playhouse Disney Shuffle blog. There's a simple yet clever description, the layout of the blog is clean and professional, and the structure of the blog entries show in-depth thought and revision/editing. Combined, these three things make for a interesting and clever blog.

I guess the point is, bloggers like those set the standards for bloggers like me. I may be able to write a new javascript code in under ten minutes, but bloggers like the one mentioned above can create an effective, well thought-out piece of writing in the same amount of time (or probably even less). So, my hat goes off to you, the dedicated bloggers who know how to create miniature masterpieces, one word at a time.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?